Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Walking Dead, really?

I know I know, long time, no new post... So, here is one. Just another Walking Dead season is over and I started to think about it. There will be spoiler below, so do not read below if you did not see the season finale episode yet. So the first episodes of this series was pretty nice and good and I started to like it, but then there was a long-long-long part when they stuck in that farm. I'll think about this farm now.
As a fan of strategic games, one thing bugged me when they settled in the farm for the first time... It was pretty much clear that protecting such a place is difficult without making some changes. As the story continued they basically didn't do anything about this. I was sure about they will suck there, big time. According to the last version, I was right. They were basically no protection at all, so the walkers ran them in no time.
According to the story line there were there for a few weeks/months I guess so they had enough time to make major changes without just fighting with each other. So in the bad bad future if we may stuck in such a farm with zombies around, think guys, think.

yikes

I found a nice satellite map on Google with the farm, it is a pretty nice place but a bit difficult to protect from zombies, lol. So on the very first day I'd chop the trees in the area, as I marked on the map with red. With this amount of wood and with wire fence it is possible to start building a strong fence around the place. I guess a lot of resource available for free in the towns around, so with a truck it is possible to gather all tools and wires and other stuffs required in a few days. So I imagine a fence around the cleaned area, marked in light blue and one more fence as additional safety with dark blue. The purple spots are possible location of watchtowers. Of course it is still possible to get crowded with walkers but this double fence system will give a lot more time than waking up in the bed with a walker eating our legs, right? :)  So the system needs a way to exit, and this is the yellow drawing. It is a small underground tunnel from below the house to a location outside the blue fence, with a hidden trap door or something, locked from the inside to keep walkers and other people outside. Of course it is good to keep weapons, ammo and cans of food, fresh water in the case the area is too dangerous to stay. This yellow location also needs a few cars filled up with gas with enough seats for everybody inside the house.


red = area needs cleanup, no trees, bushes..etc
dark blue = outer fence
light blue = inner fence
purple spots = watchtowers
yellow = escape tunnel

With such a setup I think people have much more options to survive and to keep the place safer. Also I really like the idea at the end, the woman with sword. Sword is good, much usable in close combat and it is virtually silent. So swords for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment